By using this site, you understand and agree to the terms of this policy. This site is owned by Getty Images and may be accessed in the United States and abroad. For data protection purposes, Getty Images is the controller and, unless otherwise noted, is also the processor of data.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information within our corporate group, including with our subsidiaries and divisions, all of whom may use your information for the purposes disclosed herein.
We may share your personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfil orders and shipments, to assist in direct marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or protect the rights, property or safety of our company, employees, customers, or the public.
If you license copyrighted photographs of the National Basketball Association, Women’s National Basketball Association, National Basketball Development league or any of their respective affiliates (collectively, the “NBA Parties”), your personal information may be shared with the NBA Parties, their affiliated entities and business partners, and used for their commercial activities, including marketing. Please see the “Personal Information Preferences” section below for instructions on how you can revoke your consent to have your information shared with the NBA Parties.
Getty Images uses “cookies” to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalise and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive or device. Cookies contain information, including personal information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, and your navigational and purchase history.
Cookies offer you many conveniences:
1. They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous image search results, access Lightboxes and shopping baskets and view their previous invoices.
2. Cookies save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
3. Cookies allow us to deliver personalised content to you, including search results and targeted advertising..
4. Cookies help to protect your security by checking your login details and may help prevent fraud.
5. Cookies remember your preferences when using the site.
6. Cookies also identify particular customers in the event such customers would like assistance from a live, online customer service representative.
We strive to make this site user-friendly and relevant. Our goal is to deliver more personalised products and services to you.
1. Measure and analyse aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on our site. Information gathered may include, but is not limited to the following: activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor’s Internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the site.
2. Remember our users’ previous search of products and services, and dynamically display more relevant content to them.
3. Record users’ behaviour on our site, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed and products and services purchased to create customised advertisements and communications that better meet your needs.
4. Evaluate user traffic and behaviour on the site to compile activity reports for our internal use only.
5. Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services.
6. Identify users arriving at the site via a referral from an affiliate website or sponsored link.
In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies, including single-pixel gifs (also known as web beacons) on our websites and in e-mail messages or newsletters. These tiny electronic images assist us in determining how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Please be aware that the site is optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your Internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies. This may negatively impact your experience of the site.
We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you should not use or enter information on this site, including without limitation, any Interactive Areas of the site.